Any acts of God or extreme weather damage is not covered by this or any other warranty.
Broken pavers will be covered by warranty from the manufacturer, but generally does not include chipping, splitting, or any other breakage caused by impact abrasion or overloading. The manufacturer only covers replacement of the material and does not cover shipping or re-installation costs. The paver manufacturer specifications for pavers (not including 1 inch paver tiles) shall be ICPI Certified to meet the following requirements set forth in ASTM C 936, Standard Specification for Interlocking Concrete Paving Units.
- Minimum compressive strength of 8,000 psi with no individual unit under 7,200 psi
- Maximum water absorption of 5% with no unit greater than 7% when tested in accordance with ASTM C140
- Freeze-thaw resistance according to CSA A231.2-95
Standard Brick Paver Installation Warranty
Brick paver installations performed by Enhance Outdoor, Inc. are warrantied for 12 months (unless otherwise noted on the contract) from the installation completion date for defective materials and/or workmanship. All work to be completed in a workmanlike manner according to standard practices and ICPI standards. Any further service costs will the responsibility of the homeowner, contractor, property manager, or contracted party. Not covered by this warranty is cracking, breaking, any damage or coatings done by others; sub-base failure due to erosion by natural or man-made causes; hydrostatic pressure, efflorescence or mineral deposits. Surface shall be subject to color and texture variations common to industry standards.
Belgard Brick Paver Installation
As an authorized contractor and dealer, we provide a lifetime warranty on your paver installation. All work to be completed in a workmanlike manner according to standard practices and ICPI standards. The warranty covers any service needed from the job completion date. The repair, installation of, or service to the paved area performed by Enhance Outdoor, Inc. is free of charge for the first five years (5 – 10 years $150 one time fee and 10+ $250 one time fee). Any further service costs will the responsibility of the homeowner, contractor, property manager, or contracted party. Not covered by this warranty is cracking, breaking, any damage or coatings done by others; sub-base failure due to erosion by natural or man-made causes; hydrostatic pressure, efflorescence or mineral deposits. Surface shall be subject to color and texture variations common to industry standards.
Please contact us
with any questions concerning our warranties or policies.
* Enhance Outdoor, Inc. reserves the right to alter, change, or update these terms at anytime. -
Excerpt from the Paversystems website -
PaverSystems manufactures pavers according to ICPI guidelines. The most important of these guidelines is a psi rating of 8000.
By comparison, a typical 4 inch thick concrete driveway will have a psi rating of 2500 - 3000.
In conclusion, by using concrete pavers your paved surface will be stronger, more flexible and have aesthetic value.
Below are characteristics of concrete pavers that owners should be aware of:
- Color - Pavers are manufactured in batches. A batch is approximately 300 - 500 square feet. It is possible that colors may vary slightly from batch to batch.
- Efflorescence - A condition in all cement-based products. A whitish, powder-like deposit on the surface may appear randomly or in certain areas. There is no reason to be concerned that your pavers are damaged or defective. The concrete pavers are experiencing a natural process. Just as it appears naturally, efflorescence will eventually disappear. Cleaners are also available to remove efflorescence.
- Surface - ICPI Tech Spec number 13 states slip resistance for pedestrians and skid resistance of tires on the road are important to safety. For this reason, the ICPI states pavers are not meant to be smooth on the surface and this texture may vary slightly from batch to batch. Testing measures the static coefficient of friction.
- Dimensional Tolerances - Length or width of units shall not differ by more than + or - 1/16 in. Heights shall not differ by more than + or - 1/8 in.
- Minor cracks and chipping - Incidental to the usual methods of manufacture, shipping and handling. Since pavers are manufactured with aggregates, it is possible that small pieces of aggregate may become dislodged from the surface. This does not mean the paver is defective or damaged.
- Exposed Aggregates - Pavers are composed of portland cement, fine and coarse aggregates. During the manufacturing process it is possible that a small percentage of the aggregate on the surface may be exposed.
- Pavers with textured or profiled tops, such as our Appian Series, are susceptible to damage from plate compactors due to the high and low points that are molded into the surface. Manufactures of plate compactors recommend the use of mats or membranes between the compactor and all types of pavers to protect the paver surface from damage.
Excerpt from the Tremron website -
Tremron Group manufactures the highest-quality interlocking brick pavers and retaining wall products in America, utilizing computer controlled state-of-the-art equipment, which provides products that meet or exceed ASTM Standard C-936-96. We stand by the strength and structural integrity of our paving stones.